- Apparel - Every single person in the world (almost) wears clothes everyday. We strive to promote apparel manufacturers who produce quality goods from recycled and/or sustainable materials.
- Energy - Everyone on the planet -- from the barefooted bushwoman in Africa cooking food over an open fire to the busy international banker in Switzerland driving to work in his electric vehicle -- consumes energy. We strive to promote energy solutions capitalizing on fuels from heaven (solar and wind) and earth (water and wood) rather than hell (coal and petroleum).
- Food - We all eat. Most of us eat everyday. We try to promote companies helping with a sustainable plant-based food supply-chain to feed everyone in the world. Nobody should be hungry in this day and age.
- Health - A healthy human is happier than an unhealthy one. We promote companies helping people stay healthy naturally.
- Household - From Eskimos in an igloo to housewives of Beverly Hills, everyone needs things for their household. We try to offer cool things that improve the quality, efficiency and enjoyability of a household -- all mindfully.
- Shelter - Everyone needs "shelter from the storms." Whether more temporary (like camping in a Yurt) or more permanent (like a timberframe house), we strive to offer solutions for shelter that are sustainable and comfortable,
- Travel - Almost everyone travels, at least a little bit, and sometimes very far. We try to promote sustainable travel solutions making travel more enjoyable.
Since launching seven planet on July 7, 2007 we have not discovered any businesses that are "perfect" in terms of saving the planet. Even businesses that do almost everything right (including recycling, using sustainable materials and off-setting their carbon footprint) still inevitably have some negative impact on our shared earth. Nevertheless we strive to promote businesses that, on balance, do more to help save the planet than harm it.